Contact Our Firm
Susan M. Strunk
Susan received her Juris Doctor degree from Wayne State University Law School, where she served as a senior editor of the Wayne Law Review and participated in the Transnational Environmental Law Clinic as a student attorney.
Prior to joining Monaghan P.C., Susan served as a judicial intern for both the Hon. Avern Cohn of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and the Hon. Jennifer Faunce of the Macomb County Circuit Court. While in college she worked as a legal assistant at a law firm in Troy, MI for three years. During law school, Susan worked as a law clerk and gained experience in estate planning, probate administration, complex commercial litigation, business disputes, and class action matters.
While at Wayne State University Law School, Susan was recognized as a Governor’s Scholar. She has received the Kimberly M. Cahill Memorial Scholarship from the Macomb County Bar Association for outstanding qualities of leadership within the community as well as a Silver Key Certificate for high academic achievement.
Susan received her Bachelor of Arts degree in English with a concentration in American Studies and a minor and women and gender studies, magna cum laude, from Oakland University.
Currently, Susan serves as an instructor at Oakland University teaching “Introduction to Law and Ethics.”
- Wayne State University Law School (Juris Doctor)
Law Review – Senior Editor
- Oakland University, magna cum laude, (Bachelor of Arts)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan
- Real Property Law Section
- Probate & Estate Planning Section
- Oakland County Bar Association
- One Last Request: Understanding Michigan’s Funeral Representative Law Susan M. Strunk, 63 Wayne Law Review 729